Tuesday 24 April 2018

a lovely lunch; Bluebell Photoshoot; one year


Hello dear friends!  It's been very, very busy.


On Saturday I went to London to have lunch with some wonderful friends in Blackheath.   P and C always entertain so elegantly, and their garden is amazing.  Since it was warm and beautiful we sat outside...it was so sunny that I had to put a hat and dark glasses on at one point!   The other guests were lovely...my friends always seem to bring together such interesting and articulate people, so the conversation was truly fantastic.  Quality time squared.

I then got back to BiFFO, but on the way had a text from Crissie & family suggesting that we meet at the Middle House in Mayfiel for supper. So we did.  After that,  we came home, and the following morning was the annual bluebell photoshoot .  Here are my two little flowers (granny-burbling warning now in effect)



This is the fourth annual bluebell shot, and it is so very lovely to watch the girls growing up ever more intelligent and bonny.  Here they are with their parents:



And here's one of me with my girls, in a pic photobombed by Dan the Cat:



At noon, we decamped to my favourite pub, the Star Inn in Old Heathfield.  Two pub meals in one weekend may seem a bit much, but we don't often get weather like this.  Here are my beautiful girls.



Then on Monday I was off to London to be interviewed for a programme called The New Orleans Strut, for Resonance FM.  Here's a link which I hope will work:


https://www.mixcloud.com/Resonance/the-new-orleans-strut-23rd-april-2018/

This was great fun.  L'il Koko, the DJ,  is charming and well-spoken, and we talked about the Southern Gothic and commented on some wonderful New Orleans tracks.

Today, however, has not been an easy day.  My sister died exactly one year ago.  On Sunday, Mariana came over to me and said, 'Where's Sallye?'  I said she was in Heaven.  Mariana, who's a very thoughtful little girl, said, 'I miss her and I love her.'  I replied, with a huge lump in my throat,'So do I, sweetheart.'  How lucky we were to have had those precious days together when she came over for Cristina and Liam's wedding...they were incredibly special.  And how wonderful that she and the girls were able to get to know one another and play together out in the tepee in the garden.  What a mystery it all is...how I would love to believe that consciousness survives in some form after death.  And how I hope she knows just how much we all loved her.

So there I shall leave you, dear friends.  I hope you have am excellent week.

love, Susan x

1 comment: